Saturday, September 13, 2008

Worth the Wait

Ever since I've joined the "portable office" crowd, I've been schlepping my laptop and other sundry work items around in a 12 year old messenger bag.

I've looked for a replacement on and off but decided to wait both as a form of self-discipline and frugality. Until the other night.

Jen and I were in Marshall's buying workout shorts, and there in the exercise area was a Timbuk2 Blogger Bag for $15. It retails new for $100, but was last year's model and was missing the strap.

I snatched it up, added a strap from home, and I'm in business!

And once again, cheapness pays off.

How about you? Are you a bargain hunter? Where/how do you save? What's your latest good deal?

1 comments:

Shane said...

My family has been shopping at thrift stores for years even though we can afford to buy new. I just cant imagine paying $30 for a quality, well made shirt when I can get it for $2 at the thrift store.

The other week a local nursery was selling off all their tropical plants for $1 each. They usually sell for about $10 a piece. I got almost 40 and added them to my tropical garden. And in the spring, those that have survived will have multiplied and I'll have "free" plants to expand the garden and to share with others.

Besides gardening, my biggest leisure pleasure is travel and I sign up with various travel clearinghouse websites and I regularly get emails on travel bargains. We save can save thousands on a trip if we plan well.