Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Counting Crows Sighting...

I've dug the Counting Crows since "August & Everything After" first dropped in 1993. Although I don't care if I ever hear "Mr. Jones" again (thank you radio overkill), I'm usually up for whatever this group is offering. And, they don't seem to over-produce, releasing only 4 studio projects in the past 15 years. Their 5th (Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings) is due out on 3.25.08 and the band has decided to give away a couple of the new songs gratis. If you want a taste of what's to come from the Crows, download a free digital 45 here.

4 comments:

Bret Foster said...

Counting Crows? Aren't they the band that sang, "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" and "Cumbersome"? No wait, they just sound exactly like those other crappy bands.

Redeem yourself and go listen to the Times New Viking right NOW!!!

All my love,

The Colonel

Fred said...

Thanks Colonel. I'm trying to listen to Times New Viking right now but it seems like Addy has poured a can of Diet Coke into my laptop speakers.

Oh...wait...that's just what the band sounds like.

My speakers are fine.

I'm SO relieved.

Bret Foster said...

touché....but man behind all that fuzz and noise is pure pop genius!!

Patrick said...

The Counting Crows are awesome, Fred. I was really excited to hear they had a new album coming out. They're the one band whose music has figured heavily into all the really high and low points of my life. No surprise they've got a new album coming out so close to a pretty big moment coming up...