Sunday, December 2, 2007

Swinging...Back...And...Forth....

Remember this ride at the local fairs as a kid? The supposed attraction? That momentary feeling of weightlessness (and accompanying bladder sensation) that happens as you sway from one side to the other. Sounds like my life lately.

As we've spent the last 8 weeks in the land of "in-between" I've seen Jen's and my spirits ride the Viking Ship. One day we're fine with the travel, unsold house and the sense of disconnection (esp. for Jen)- the next it feels we're a little queasy (and have to suddenly pee). After a couple of months of limbo and having everyone in the clan take their turn at the vomiting virus last week- I found myself literally on the downswing.

Apparently, God knew I needed something positive (and pronto), because we got two great pieces of news in the span of 12 hours. First, we got a call from some family members saying that they thought we really needed to be in Raleigh by New Year's. They believed this so much, that they offered to pay our rent there so that we could continue covering our mortgage here. Although my pride hates needing help, I marveled at our family's capacity to love and savored the instant feeling of peace. We hit the Raleigh Craigslist and started our rental hunt.

The second piece of positive news came @ 9:30 am on Sunday morning when the phone rang. A gentleman called to ask if he and his wife could come and see our home at 11am. My answer? Uuuuummmmm- no. We need to clean up a bit. How about later? Eventually we settled on 4:45. After cleaning every nook and cranny, (which is probably good after all the sickness we've had anyway), and exiling the wife and kids- I showed the house to a nice couple that we'll call Bob and Dena - whom I hope are God's angels sent to end my suffering and purchase my home.

I don't want to jinx it, but it was a great showing. Bob & Dean are both Realtors and are looking to buy a home for themselves. They don't have to sell their current home to buy ours and would like to be in before Christmas. (Could this be it?) They know a bargain when they see it and think our home is in fantastic shape. I agree on both counts. Best parts of the showing? They stayed for 45 minutes, went through the place 3x, and started talking about where their furniture would go in each room.

Wow. Talk about a swing. 24 hours ago I was planning my life as a gypsy. Tonight, I'm thinking that I may be in Raleigh before year's end.

Crazy. I feel weightless. And I have to pee.

5 comments:

Mrs. Needham said...

Congrats!!!!

I'm so happy for you guys, it's so awesome when things like this happen. Hopefully it will be a very merry Christmas for the whole crew.

Anonymous said...

There's something about this time of year that brings good gifts like this. We closed on our house last year at this time. It was amazing that we could do so before Christmas. I hope the same does indeed happen for you!!

Fred said...

Thanks Sally & Ami!

Casey said...

thats fantastic news. keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

YES! Great news...definitely keep the updates coming!