Saturday, December 29, 2007

Moving Update

I had a chance to be a part of the Saturday night gathering at Crossroads tonight. As an added bonus, I was able to see some folks that I love and miss. They were kind enough to ask about our house situation- noting that they hadn't seen an update on my blog in a while (hint, hint). So, here's the latest:

- After teaching on Sunday and again on Christmas Eve at Connections, I joined the rest of the family in Nashville at my brother and sister-in-law's home on Christmas morning. It was a short, but sweet celebration.

- As of Thursday, our house in Lexington is currently empty and most of our earthly possessions are in an ABF freighter truck (supposedly) headed to Raleigh.

- After months of searching and weighing our options, we settled on an renting an apartment. We've got a short term (3 month) lease with the ability to go month to month beyond that if we need to. This should give us a lot of flexibility as we search for a home to buy. The apartment is brand new (no one else's dirt) and is in a great location. I'll post our new address later.

- Our scheduled closing on Friday didn't happen. Our buyer's are still wanting to purchase our home, but have hit a delay with their financing. The short version is that they are both self-employed (realtors) and lenders are tightening up their requirements with all the foreclosures on the horizon. We MAY be closing in 2-3 weeks.

- I'll be heading to Raleigh to unload our truck into our apartment on Thursday (1/3). Jen and the kids will come early the next week.

So, that should catch you up on our happenings. I know many of you have continued to pray for us. I think it is working. Please keep it up. =)

Also, we're getting kinda tired of talking about ourselves. Hit the comments button and let us know what's going on in your world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got cat measels. AGAIN.

Little Jojean said...

I hate it that i didn't leave my post to come and talk w/you!!! I'm so sorry. Hopefully we'll see you in a few weeks. Let us know about your new digs.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like everything is moving in the right direction (pun intended). Jeremy's back surgery is scheduled for Friday (4th) and he'll be on the mend at home for the two weeks following that. This is a new thing for us (surgery/hospital) so we aren't really sure what to expect. I'm bummed at the timing such that I won't be able to assist your family with the moving of boxes and settling in. Hopefully there are others available to help with that. Yes?

Jenn D.