Monday, December 10, 2007

Getting...A Little....Closer...

Every day from now until Christmas is excruciating for the kids in our lives. They wait...and wait...and wait for the 25th day of the year's final month to arrive. It's enough to drive a youngster crazy.

I can relate. For the last few months we've been waiting for the day when we finalize the sale of our existing home in KY. Today we took another huge step.

We signed a contract with another buyer. Unlike our last buyer, this one doesn't have to sell their existing home. On top of that, they want to close quickly- like before the 2007 calendars become obsolete.

Am I excited? Almost. Why not? It's my friend, Jason's fault. 15 months ago, Jason relocated from FL to KY. All that time and 7 contracts later, he still owns his house down south. At one point he told me that an hour rarely goes by when he doesn't think about this. (Feel free to add Jason and his wife Maria to your personal prayer list if you have one.)

So, I'm thrilled to have another contract. I'll be giddy if the home inspection scheduled for Friday reveals nothing significant. I'll levitate my hiney to the car if we close as planned on 12/28.

Although this journey has been challenging at times, I'm convinced that it has been bearable only because of the prayers you and others offer for us. We are grateful. Please keep it up- at least until everything is official.

6 comments:

Ms. Holly said...

Fred, while I will keep you in my heart and prayers, I want to share with you a truth in my life. God will see you through. Whether it is in our time or not, whether it looks like we expect it to or not, God will take care of it in His time. I have been hit with this message to pray with the TRUST and CONFIDENCE that God will answer. I know that you know this already. You are a bright man. However I have found that the worry we do over things like this is in vain. God has us in his hands. Relax. If you have done your footwork, let Him do the rest. Have a merry merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm really excited for all of you. I know it's been tough for your family the last couple of months with the transition (of cities,jobs, not seeing family as much, etc...).

If I can help with the move or anything else, just let me know (just don't ask Patch- he breaks things).

Anonymous said...

Hey Fred. Jason here. I am glad you guys have a strong buyer! God provides. Still waiting for ours! Thanks for your prayers.

Bret Foster said...

Finally, there is hope of getting you out of the state for good!!!

Seriously, We'll keep our fingers crossed and our prayers going.

Patrick said...

Don't listen to GG. He's the one that breaks things. Specifically antiques.

The spradlings said...

Merry Christmas Fred to you and all of your family. We still miss you.