Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Little R & R

The family (Jen,me, Addy, Colston & the in-laws) got away for a few days to the Lake Lure/Chimney Rock region of North Carolina.

Not sure how it works for anyone else, but a log cabin, river in the back yard, tall trees, granite mountains, scenic vistas, rocking chairs and front porch swings, paddleboats, nightly desserts and walks in the woods refresh and recalibrate my soul and psyche.

Back home now for a few days before my first commute to Raleigh.

More on that later.

5 comments:

Janet said...

Looks very serene! Glad you were able to get away.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you--something about Nature that just rekindles my spirit....

Mrs. Needham said...

Looks like fun, I know it was a much needed vacation.

Both of those pics are precious!

Fred said...

Thanks ladies for the kind words.

Unknown said...

Lake Lure is a great place. I'm glad you had the chance to get away and have some fun.