Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It's Alive...My iphone Is ALIVE!!!

As a parting gift, Xroads gave me Apple's new golden fruit- the iphone. I activated it a few days ago.

Practically speaking, this is the perfect gift. I'll be commuting from Lexington to Raleigh for a couple of months and working (long term?) without a designated office space. The iphone gives me access to email and web wherever I get phone service.

There's also a bit of irony in this gift since I haven't carried a cell phone for pretty much the entire time I worked at Crossroads. I had an office with a phone, and lived just around the corner- where I also had a phone.

Now I'm back in the game...or carrying the ball and chain...however you choose to look at it.

So far, the iphone is by far the easiest cell phone I've ever used- even though it is the most feature-packed.

My greatest dilemma? Where to carry it? I refuse to do the belt clip/case thing. (Vanity, Vanity) I don't like to carry things in my front pocket. Is the back pocket a good choice?

So, looks like it will sit on the table or in my bag.

Or I'll be wearing A LOT of cargo pants.

5 comments:

Patrick said...

It is extremely frustrating to me that you're now carrying a cell phone at a time when I'll have less opportunities to call you.

It's also extremely frustrating that you have an iPhone. Next time I see you I need you to show me all the bells and whistles and then talk me out of getting one.

Fred said...

Thanks Patch, BUT...

What do you mean you'll have LESS opportunities to call me. The phone will ring in Raleigh just as well as Lexington!

(Also, don't forget that I'll be in town 2-3 days a week for at least the last month or two. We still need to get dinner w/you & Sara.)

As for the iphone- I'll continue to explore the features, and will do my best to talk you out of converting.

At least for 5 minutes or so.

Anonymous said...

I admit it. I have phone envy.

I was just thinking about you last nite man... how odd it would be to re-calibrate not only a new phone, but a new community, new job, etc. I've been here for so long now... I'm sure it's challenging and exciting.

You'll be great... and R & I offered our assistance to Jen anytime... since we are right around the corner. Let her know she can call us anytime day or night.

Let's grab some Mexican soon. (not a real Mexican... I mean cuisine.)

Bret Foster said...

Do you really want me to tell where you should put your precious little iPhone? Do you really want that? Because I will. Oh yeah, I will...

And what's this; you carry a bag? A BAG?! Men don't carry bags, they have satchels or brief cases....preferably covered in seal skin.

Honestly, if you keep talking like this, I'm going to have to examine if I'm really upset about the fact that you're leaving.

Anonymous said...

"And what's this; you carry a bag? A BAG?! Men don't carry bags, they have satchels or brief cases....preferably covered in seal skin."

You carry a bag and Jen doesn't? Does this mean you carry stuff for her? Hm... I don't think I could pull that off. The fact that Jen doesn't carry a bag has really stuck with me. I'll have to explore this more with her. :)

-Jennifer Davis