Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Goodbye...Hello...Old Friends

This past week I said goodbye to my 1988 Ford Bronco. Although I loved having it, I was beginning to cringe every time I hit the gas pump. Around town I was getting 9 miles to the gallon. No, I didn't forget a digit there. 9mg at $3.80 a gallon. I was pouring $150 a month in the tank and not really going much of anywhere. On top of that I needed to spend close to $1K in repairs to get it past its scheduled NC inspection. So, farewell...

Ironically, as we were saying goodbye to one old friend, three others dropped by to see us. Jeremy, Casey & Lily Mae Walker stopped to see us on their way back to Elizabethton TN from a week at Nags Head at the Outer Banks. We've known the Walkers for coming up on 6 years now and have loved them from the first Mexican Dinner we shared together at Church Planter's Assessment. They are kindred spirits and we still hold out hope that one day we can open that retreat center together.

Funny how life pairs things together, isn't it?

2 comments:

Mrs. Needham said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!
I ran into Judy and Howard at Lowes on Sunday. We miss you guys, hopefully when things things settled with selling our house we can come to visit.

Fred said...

Sounds great Ami. We'd love to see you guys.

Congrats to Micah on the surprise Anniversary trip.

Way to make the rest of us husbands look bad!